Monday, January 26, 2009

Crossroads of fate

There is always a question

ringing

in my brain

Have I downplayed

myself too much ?

Have I trodden

on myself too much?

...

For one can easily paint an image of oneself -

and alas -

'tis so easy, so easy indeed, to become that image.

When one belives that they're something -

When one labels oneself

They serve as self-fulfilling prophecies

For

in the decisions we make

We will tend to, even subconsciously, make them based on who we perceive ourselves to be.

Even if our 'real' selves are different - gradually the two will align.

..............................................................................................................................

I don't know.

..........................

Have I downplayed myself.

...........

Could there be better paths for you ...

....

It's really troubling

. . .

I lacked confidence. I think.

Of trying even if it fails.

Of begging for what I want.

I ... I ... was so complacent.

I just accepted so many things. I settled for so many things. ...

When I could've done better ....

Sigh.

I don't know.

* * *

Living with

'what if's

is not easy

It's ...

........................

discouraging

..................................................

I don't know. I really don't ....

No comments: