Sunday, October 09, 2005

Why the hell do I think so differently to other people!!

At first, of course, I thought it was a blessing.

Thinking differently to others allows you to examine things in a new, (or your own), perspective; you can come up with original ideas and expressions. See the world and its constituents in a whole new light.

You may think up of something that no-one else has ever thought of before.. or they just didn't look at it that way.

I know, I know, "on the outside" such thinking is valued... they say science would not have developed without such thinking... blah blah blah

But really, "on the inside", the world values conformists more - those that think as they're told, don't bother being original, and be.. to be honest, disgusting in the way they think.

All the trouble I go towards trying to make others understand what I'm thinking... I know at this pace it will be practically impossible for anyone to grasp the way I think. I really, really wish that we communicated by telepathy... It would be so much convenient... and plus our thinking will become so much more important! O how everyone will value how we think and really get to know those who think differently to them!

I interpret things so differently to others... yet when I examine it in my own right... it is correct, logical, understandable... I can recall others feeling that at my thoughts too, saying "hey! why didn't I think of that before?"

But of course, such original thinking is trash in this world of right-and-wrong where so many things are decided by the "majority-thinking". Original thinking, at very best, will only serve as an "interesting insight"; not as the "answer". Not to be patronising, but what if the world had it all wrong? I mean, isn't "majority-thinking" at average-level intelligence??? Isn't it why it is called "majority"???("average" would not be "average" unless it represented the "majority")

Before Galileo asserted that the world spun around the sun the "majority" believed otherwise, and I believe, within their own logical systems and ways of thinking, such other ways of explanation would have seemed believable, understandable, feasible. (I still enjoy the fact that there are still people who think Galileo is wrong(who knows?), and their ideas are not completely incomprehensible. At least they both ironically share the fact that they're against the "majority" and are still happy about it)

However, however, however.

It's not all progress and innovation that results from original thinking.
In fact, such a picture hardly represents reality, and unfortunately, we don't "hear" about such reality a lot. (but I can see many people do understand it and are able to live in it)

The reality is that whilst 1 % of original thinking may be useful, 99% of it are those that we do not hear about, are laughed, ridiculed at, and simply ignored as nonsense.

In fact that is the problem I think, and in that sense, I am scared of the way I think.

The line between originality and crazyness/nonsense is so thin... in fact if one dwells there too much one frequently crosses that line.. in fact the line may become invisible to them... nonexistent... at which stage one becomes crazy.

Ah, so many great minds that have crossed that line!!!! G. Cantor; v. Gogh..

In fact I still think many people do... it's all around us..

ABSTRACT ART

I myself am not a fan of it for the very reasons I have just opposed.
I now realise, that such art could provide a "suitable" visualization of the way I think..
...
Anyway, I think so differently to others, it's so annoying... when people misinterpret you.. and you misinterpret them..

Interpretations, it's all about that isn't it? Maybe I don't have a good grasp on language very well... maybe the whole point we learn language at school is so we can interpret how others think, in the way they think.. even if it may not necessarily be the way you think...

But I guess, the worst part is when you have to fake it...
When you are forced to pretend to think like others do in order to express your own thoughts..
This very idea is what makes me angry, so annoyed.
We should have more freedom than this...
We should be able to express ourselves in the way we think inside our brains..
..
whether it be understandable to others or not.
....
P.S. The joys of blogging... one need not care whether others understand them or not ;)

No comments: