Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The lengths one will go to not break someone's heart.

Tomorrow was supposed to be D-day.
Tomorrow was supposed to be the day I would break someone's heart.

I had been tossing and turning the past few days because of this.
My mind has been very heavy.
I didn't know what to do.

You see, no one in their 'right mind' breaks someone's heart for no reason. Usually there is a moral dilemma associated with it. Usually, there is an other side to the equation.

In my case, it was myself. The troubles my heart would go through. The fears, the worries, the anxieties, the awkwardness.

Yet here I am. I called it off. I will not break their heart. No - no, no ... it is such a cruel thing to do. You would never do that to a person ...

Instead... I'd rather suffer myself. I'd rather take it on myself. I'd rather live through the pain head-on. I'd rather walk on the burning path. I will take all the shame, I will take all the embarrassment, I will live through the awkwardness, I will be that sore thumb, I will be that piece that doesn't fit in, I will be that loner;

But no, I will not break someone else's heart. Not after what they have done for me. I would rather suffer myself.

No comments: