Friday, March 21, 2008

You cannot love others unless you love yourself...

"Love your neighbour as you do yourself" ... the golden rule...

What I never fully realised... until now... was this....

It tells us to love ourselves if we want to love others.

...

The capacity to love others arises from our capacity to love ourselves...

If you don't love yourself... you can't love others...

...

Everyone thinks it is a grand assumption: That everyone will love themselves to such an immense degree, that if they loved others to even a fraction of that it'd be fine.

Well this assumption isn't necessary true. For people like me, who so often hates oneself.

...

I want to have a dialogue with myself.

Exactly why do I hate myself so much?

Exactly why do I regret, hate every single action I make, every single word I say?...

Who knows..

No comments: