Saturday, September 03, 2005

The beauty of a child's innocence

Upon conflicting values yet again do I return here.
The adult world is so plagued with rottenness...
Progress and development has backfired... look what those things without a pure direction has landed adults in.
Deceit. Lies. Suspicions. Money. Various types of self-justified "success."
That's all they talk about, think about.
They lose the innocence that is so uniquely human that only, so heartbreakingly, belongs to children.
Here I am, on the virge of childhood and adulthood.
From here, I can look into both directions.....
and I can assure you, unlike what my peers would say, I think the childhood is far more colourful and true. From here it's a bleak downhill roll.
Now I can emphasise with so many children's authors.
Peter Pan... Phillip Pullman...
They know, that once we get into the adult world......................................
That nothing is as pure and true as childhood.
........................
Why do we age?
The sort of examples of "adults" I see hardly encourage me to become like them.
It questions me why one must turn from a child to an adult.
Why degrade oneself from so perfect and innocent a form to a deceitful and meaningless a creature?
Maybe it's the saddest fate everyone has to acquiesce.
......................................................................
Adult's world... so full of meaninglessness..... so self-justified
So stuck up in the race for better survival......... that valueable qualities that they all once possessed as a child are forgotten... ignored......... totally desensitised, their life becomes a dull shade of grey.
Frankly, I don't know why they live.
....
I would love to see adults weak.
That's why I love watching people in wars and disasters.
It brings their true self out... especially adults from their reserved masks.... I love to see faces of desperation... at least it is honest... I would do anything to see a genuine smile or a tear from an adult... at least it will be honest...... So much deceit... in this world...
...
They say a person becomes a child three times in their life.
One, when they're a child. Two, when they have their first baby, and realise how valueable a thing they're missing out on in their bleak lives. Three, when they become old, nearing the end of life's journey, and see that, after all that, all those adult-things are meaningless; that a child's imagination can bring more joy than a billion dollars for an adult.
.................................................................................................
Please, can someone stop the cogwheel of time... please, please.....T.T I don't want to become a dirty adult myself and forget all these valuable thoughts I had as a child... please, please...

No comments: